Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome 2010!!


Happy New Year!!

I don't know about you, but I can say that I'm thrilled to be leaving good old 2009 in the dust and moving into 2010. It's not that last year didn't have it's bright spots, but let's just say it was a very challenging year, especially in regards to my health, given the numerous gluten poisonings that I endured.

This year the goal is = NO Gluten encounters whatsoever!!(Can you hear me knocking on my wooden desk?)

Seriously though...It is my goal. Better self care and being a stronger advocate for myself.

I think this All-Clad saute pan I received for Christmas is going to help me reach the above mentioned goal. You see, I've been dreaming of receiving this gorgeous All-Clad Stainless Steel saute/ simmer pan for quite some time, and now I have my secret-Santa to thank for delivering this little jewel under my tree! (Thanks Dad!)


The point is that I can't wait to start cooking more and more at home and eating out less and less. I will also have to fess up to the fact that I've now watched the movie, "Julie and Julia" three times and am seriously contemplating selling everything I own, throwing caution to the wind, and moving to Paris to attend Le Cordon Bleu! I wish. But don't think this thought hasn't seriously been swirling around my head for the past two weeks, all inspired by a love of cooking, a really good movie and cookbook and the beginning of Tia's Sweet Treats. Cooking and baking seem to be taking up permanent residence in my kitchen and in my life - I love that.

There's just something so damn romantic to me about being inside my cozy home, music playing low, candles lit and being in the kitchen creating delicious and gluten-free food to eat and share with others. I am finding more and more that the kitchen is becoming my inspiration for creative thinking, and the more I want to cook, the more I want to write...okay and then travel! They all seem to inspire me in equal-parts/different ways.


That being said, after this latest Christmas/family trip/NYE vacation to San Diego to spend time with my brother and his family, I'll be staying put for a while. Thought I was soooooooooo grateful to have traveled for ten days without any gluten incidents...see, I'm already off to a good start. Even our day at Disneyland proved to be joyful and safe. Not only did we pack a hearty lunch for everyone, but the Mexican restaurant that we ate dinner at (us and 10 million others) contained one very helpful chef who KNEW all about eating gluten-free, and guided me through my entire meal selection. It was awesome, I have to say! Thank you Mr. Disney chef!


On another bright note - Tia's Sweet Treats is up and running and ready to take your orders. Our gluten-free, organic Macaroons brought a lot of smiles to the faces of our first customers during the holidays. We would love to put smiles on more and more faces.


Between baking macaroons and cooking in my new All-Clad saute pan, I'm sure to be a very happy camper in the coming days and weeks, and I cannot promise that I won't be tempted to move "Julie and Julia" back to the #1position in my Netflix queue - sorry, just too tempting and inspirational!

I wish you and yours a wonderful, joyful, prosperous, and Gluten-Free 2010~

1 comment:

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Yes, let's move to Paris and go to cooking school!!! How fun would that be.

I haven't seen the Julia movie yet, but everyone tells me it is really good.

xo,
cristin