Friday, January 30, 2009

Celiac Awareness, Local Style ~


As many of you may or may not know, I've been on a kick for a while now to really promote the heck out of Celiac Disease and create awareness on every level possible. And since I work in the world of public relations and have easier access (sometimes!) to the media, I decided to pitch my celiac story again and see if one of my reporter friends would bite on it. It worked! My friend Patranya, from KTVN, Ch. 2, the CBS affiliate in Reno is really good at her job and helped me put together a quick story to help elevate the level of celiac disease throughout Northern Nevada.

Take a look when you have some time, and pass it along to anyone you know who might be a Celiac or gluten intolerant. Education is the KEY!

In the meantime, get outside and enjoy this day - it's gorgeous and gluten free ~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story. That should help get the facts out there where some undiagnosed celiacs can hear it.
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Aimee,
I wrote the other day and asked whether you had info on GF cosmetics and laundry items and forgot to leave my email...AAAHHH! So sorry...mariak_2198@yahoo.com.
Thanks, and hope you are well.
Maria

Stacey said...

I actually found out about your blog through that article. Thank you for helping create awareness.