Friday, July 10, 2009

Blueberry Muffins ~


It's guest-blogger Friday - Enjoy this lovely story and delicious GF recipe from my good friend, Cristin. She's a blogger, as well.

(If you enjoy interior design and home organization, please stop by my blog, Simplified Bee for some inspiration.)

My dear friend Aimee and I meet in Tahoe after we graduated from high school and were heading off to college. We both have a passion for sports, fashion and food. For the most part, we've lived in different cities, but may have overlapped while we both were living in San Francisco in the 90s. In any case, our friendship was rekindled this last year as we realized how much our diets have changed since our teenage years. Aimee because of Celiac Disease and mine because of an illness last year. Thankfully we are both doing great! My new diet is tough at times, but I love how I feel. I don't eat any refined sugar (no alcohol!), red meat/pork/some fish, and very little dairy and gluten. It is mostly plant-based. I actually find it easier to avoid sugar than gluten - I feel for you that have Celiac Disease!

I am always looking for new recipes and here is one I'd like to share that is gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free - yippee!

Alan's Blueberry Muffins

1 cup organic brown rice rice flour

1/2 cup organic GF oat bran

1/2 cup organic flax seed meal

1/3 cup organic agave nectar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 beaten organic egg

3/4 cup organic rice milk

1/4 cup organic canola oil

1 cup organic fresh blueberries

Mix dry ingredients; In a separate bowl mix wet ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into wet, mix gently. Pour 1/4 cup mix into muffin pan. Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Let cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Yummy! I had one this morning.

Miss you and thanks for having me as a guest blogger!!!

xo,
cristin

Amy Green said...

The texture of these look incredible. I've not done any baking with rice milk but I've used it to make ice cream. I have tons of blueberries that I bought and froze them all - we might be having these muffins this weekend.