Monday, March 9, 2009

A View of San Francisco, Gluten-free ~

It's Monday again....how did that happen?! Time flies, as did my last weekend trip to my hometown of San Francisco. What a wonderful location on the map. The great thing is you can grow up in that city, spend most of your formidable adult years there, yet still go back for a visit and have the ability to play tourist - rediscovering favorite haunts, and stumbling upon new ones.

I guess like most any metropolitan city, this can be the case, but in spite of all the travels I have made on this big, beautiful globe, I can honestly say that coming back "home" to San Francisco always fills my heart with pure joy and a sense of peace.

Isn't that nice?!

You know what else is nice...eating so well and so easily gluten-free in this city. Not as easy as say, Italy or New York...but pretty close. You can dine at open markets at the Ferry Building or at almost any SF restaurant safely, though I do have my list of tried and true that I tend to stick to that have been mentioned before.

Here's my photo essay from my gluten-free weekend in San Francisco ~


The SF Ferry Building tower on the Embarcadero ~


Amazing produce at the Farmer's Market~



The ever-famous Buena Vista Bar ~ Home of the SF Irish Coffee (not GF)






A view of Iluna Basque in North Beach ~

No comments: